Diamond Dresser Redo: Soulless to Striking

I spied him from a little ways away. I approached. My heart started beating a little faster. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed his brother lurking in the corner, and my blood pounded in my ears. They did not notice me. In fact, the taller one seemed to be soaking in some attention from an older woman poking and prodding him. “Get away from him,” I thought. “He’s mine. So is his brother.” She left abruptly, so I hurried over to check him out. He looked so fine, even if he had a yellowish aged pallor! Tall, well-built, and nicely cut, he and his shorter, wider brother came from a fine house: Fancher Furniture. And they were waiting for me at the thrift shop! I was giddy with visions.

dressermergeI took their tags over to the counter and paid. These boys were mine! Perfect specimens for remaking! Scratched and dinged, bland coloring, fine bones. I would take their soulless bodies and make them sing! Well, one of them, anyway. The other one is still waiting for his makeover.

Here is the tall one. He has such striking brass hardware all polished up that I needed to paint him a color that would highlight those handles. I named him Midnight Diamond Tall Dresser, and he is really fantastic in person. You should meet him!

Midnight Diamond Tall Dresser Front

Midnight Diamond Tall Dresser drawer pullMidnight Diamond Tall Dresser InsideMidnight Diamond Tall Dresser ring pullMidnight Diamond Tall Dresser SideI think he’ll get along great with so many people. What do you think?

Update: SOLD to a gal who also bought his brother to match!

Linking up with: Debbiedoo’s, Elizabeth & Co., Redoux Interiors, Miss Mustard Seed

About these ads

About Leslie Howard

I love color, painting, furniture and architecture. The world is a better place when we have wonderful things to feast our eyes on!
This entry was posted in Painted Furniture and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Diamond Dresser Redo: Soulless to Striking

1. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

Wow, he is just stunning! The brass hardware just pops! He’ll find a happy new home for sure!

2. Found you on Elizabeth&Co.
    This came out great! I am loving the brass.

3. debbiedoos says:

What a good looking piece. You did a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

4. Cathy says:

Beautiful transformation…. Love the gold hardware – it just pops…. Found you on Debbiedoe. Am a new follower.

5. Shannon says:

Wow, this piece is stunning. What a difference you made with this.

6. Heather says:

So beautiful and such a great amount of storage. Do you have an emotional relationship with all your pieces or just the really special ones? Found you at Redoux and love your work!

7. Popped over from MMM. What gorgeous dressers, LOVE that hardware-a great job. What paint and color did you use?

Donna Allgaier-Lamberti / White Oak Studio Designs / SW Michigan
    Hand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
    Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com
    Facebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com (To see a portfolio of painted pieces for sale)

• Leslie says:

Hi! I used CeCe Caldwell’s Vermont Slate, straight. I like the depth it gives to pieces. I checked you out and added you to my reader–I love your work. Very sophisticated. Thank you so much for visiting.

8. What a lovely job! By the way, I love your family shot in front of your mantel. Glad to hear that DC is your favorite place. We live just outside on the VA side. Drop me a line if you come this way in the future!